High School Diploma/GED, however some positions offer higher pay for higher education.
We are hiring for the following positions:
Direct Support Professional, Residential Habilitation Counselor, Community Habilitation, In Home Respite, Medicaid Service Coordinator,
Van Driver /Maintenance, Up Living day program, Program Assistant (Community Habilitation and In Home Respite), Housing Advocate.
2082 Lexington Ave., 4th floor
Please come with a valid photo ID, 2 copies of your resume and a pen.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Current Job Postings
Position: Medicaid Service Coordinator
Department: Medicaid Service Coordination
Position reports to: Medicaid Service Coordination/Program Coordinator
Scope of Position: Medicaid Service Coordination is designed to help people with Intellectual Disabilities strive for the highest quality life. The role of a Medicaid Service Coordinator is to assist each person to achieve his or her unique goals and desires relative to the person’s informed choice. Medicaid Service Coordination promotes the concepts of informed choice, individualized Services and supports, and satisfaction. The focus of Medicaid Service Coordination is development, implementation and maintenance of Individualized Service Plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following duties:
Coordinates access to and the delivery of supports and service identified in the Individualized Service Plan
- Assessment/Linkages and referrals.
- Monitoring and follow-up.
- Service documentation-must be clear and comprehensive and professional.
- Help to locate and/ or create natural supports and community resources.
- Locate funded services, Home and Community Based Services (HCBS (respite, community habilitation, residential programs, day habilitation programs, camps etc.
- Coordinate/facilitate Annual and Semi-Annual Individualized.
- Annual individualized service plan must be face to face with individual, advocate and major service providers.
- Maintain comprehensive communication with all service providers.
- Record keeping should be organized and clear.
- Ability to act accordingly in crisis situations.
- Accessing entitlements and benefits.
Serves as a role model for all Agency staff in promoting the Agency Mission, Vision, Values, and Guiding Principles:
- Fosters Agency and program wide cooperation and teamwork through use of positive/constructive communication techniques.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality in regards to all people served and personnel records.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with coworkers, employees, consumers, families and outside contacts
- Must be able to maintain the strictest confidentiality
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and appropriate software and E-Mail system
- Ability to analyze problems and determine corrective measures.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer and typing skills.
- Previous advocacy experiences.
PREFERRED: OPWDD experiences.
How to Apply for Internal Job Postings:
If you are interested in applying for the above internal positions and meet the eligibility criteria under Sinergia Internal Transfer Guidelines (Employee MUST be an employee in good standing, CANNOT be on Probation for Conduct or other Employment Standards, Require recommendation of current supervisor), please submit a letter of interest together with your manager's name and your most updated resume to the HR Office before March 24, 2017
Residential: Currently we are seeking per diem positions for Direct Care Professionals. This position involves working directly with adults with disabilities in their homes and accompanying them to appointments and recreational activities in the community. The position calls for the candidate to be able to work various shifts throughout the week, including nights, overnights and weekends. Candidates should have at least a GED. Prior experience, certifications in medication administration, CPR, First Aid, etc. are a plus, but are not required.
Respite: Currently, we are seeking per diem positions for Direct Care Professionals. This position involves working directly with adults and/or children with disabilities in our Respite apartment located in Uptown Manhattan. The position may also call for accompanying consumers to activities in the community during their respite stay. The position calls for the candidate to be able to work various shifts throughout the week, including nights, overnights and weekends. Candidates should have at least a GED. Prior experience is a plus, but is not required.
Information about other possible positions can be obtained by calling the Human Resource Department at 212-643-2840. Resumes with cover letters can be sent by:
*Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Fax to 212-999-4982
*Mail to Sinergia, Inc., 2082 Lexington Avenue, NY, NY 10035
Attn: Human Resources
References, background check, and State Clearance will be conducted on potential candidates selected for employment by Sinergia, Inc.
Affirmative Action Policy: It is the policy and intent of Sinergia that no otherwise-qualified individual with a disability shall, soley by reason of his or her disability be subject to discrimination in employment as a result of such disability. Sinergia shall seek and employ qualified personnel at all locations and facilities and will provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation and benefits, promotion, transfer and termination. In addition, qualified parents and family member of persons with disabilities will be recruited and hired for employment. To achieve this, Sinergia will advance its affirmative action to employ qualified individuals with disabilities, and will administer all personnell action without regard to disability and base all such decisions on vaild job requirements. We will ensure that applicants and employees with disabilities are informed of the contents of its policy statement. Employees and applicants shall not be subject to unlawful harassment.