Winter 2018 Session of Education Advocacy for Parents
The Education Advocacy for Parents Workshop Series is designed to help parents become effective advocates for their children by offering information concerning:
- Parent’s rights under the law (IDEA);
- Understanding NYC DOE special education programs and services;
- Understanding the evaluation and IEP processes;
- Dispute Resolution and
- Transition to Pre-School and Kindergarten; Planning for Transition to Adulthood
Workshops take place from 10 am - 1 pm.
To register for these free workshops, call Godfrey Rivera at 212 643-2840, ext. 307 or email email@example.com.
Education Advocacy Workshop # 3: Thursday, January 25, 2018
* Before, during and after the IEP meeting: A Parent’s Guide