Sinergia, Spanish for synergy, is a 501 (C) (3), community based multi-service organization. Founded in 1977, Sinergia's mission is to enhance the well being of individuals and families through the human delivery system(s) with particular concentration on those special populations that traditionally have experienced difficulty in accessing human services. A guiding principle of the agency is to work in partnership with the families and Individuals to achieve self-empowerment, ultimately enabling people to become their own advocates with the means to directly assist themselves and other families.
Sinergia, Inc. is currently hiring for a : Day Habilitation Art Specialist
• Uses various mediums to teach art including painting sketching designing and sculpturing
• Group supervision and instruction with attention to: behavior and group management, health, safety, and personal skill development
• Organize daily arts and crafts lessons plans in a fun and creative manner
• Implement with participants an Art curriculum; bring lesson plans to life through participation, support and guidance
• Use effective classroom management skills, promote and actively participate in all art related activities
• Work effectively with staff, and participants and collaborate on daily responsibilities
• Complete assigned paperwork
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Art History or related field preferred
• Must have excellent organizational, verbal, written communication skills and be detailed-oriented.
• Must have experience and the ability to use various mediums to teach art including painting sketching designing and sculpturing. Must be Flexible and able to adapt based on needs interests of participants
• Must have superior classroom management skills (with attention to: behavior and group management, health and safety, security, and personal and skill development)
How to apply:
Please email your Resumes and Cover letter to
On June 23, 2014 Sinergia took seventeen children with disabilities and families and several adults from our Day Program surfing at Long Beach, Long Island. The event was hosted by a non- profit organization, Surf For All that promotes surfing for children and adults with developmental disabilities. It is truly inspiring to see how the children and adults benefit from this activity.
The instructors were led by Cliff Skudin. All the surfing instructors are first rate and lovingly took out people on the surf boards, including one child who uses a wheel chair and an individual who is blind with intellectual disabilities.
Thanks also to lifeguard chief Paul Gallespi and Bryant Brattish. The trust that the participants exhibited as they faced and felt the waves is remarkable and a tribute to the fine instructors of Surf For All. The participants all received caps, sweatshirts and wrist bands.
The citizens of Long Beach have opened their arms and hearts to Sinergia. After the surfing, the group was led to Gino's Pizza by police escort and patrolwomen Kelly Graham presented toy police badges, coloring books and crayons to the children.
We thank Assemblyman Harvey Weisenberg, Len Torres, all the instructors and the police Department of Long Beach for making this a memorable occasion.
There will be two more surfing events in July 21 and August 18. If your family is interested in attending either date, please contact Godfrey Rivera, 212-643-2840. First come first served.