One of the most important but least discussed IEP requirements are a student's annual goals which identify what a student is expected to learn within a year. Annual goals should be measurable and consistent with a student's needs and abilities. This clinic will help parents:
- Understand why the IEP annual goals are key to a child's progress and obtaining their right to a Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE).
- Understand what is a SMART goal and check whether their child's goals are specific and measurable.
- Write a letter to their child's school that documents the needs for measurable goals and regular progress reports.
- Prepare for their child's IEP meeting.
- Learn how to track their child's progress.
This is not a workshop. Please bring your child's two most recent IEP's and be prepared to work!
Space limited to 5 persons. By rsvp only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Held monthly. Check: www.sinergiany.org/calendar/ for dates, time and whether clinic is conducted in English or Spanish.
2082 Lexington Avenue, 4th Fl.
New York, NY 10035